Create campaign regular
Creating an email marketing campaign to send your newsletter with Acumbamail is very simple. In this article you will find detailed all the steps required to create a new campaign, select subscribers, choose and edit a template, and submit it.
In this article:
Create a new campaign
In the Campaigns section within Newsletters, click the New campaign button.
Click New Campaign and select Newsletter.
Steps for creating a campaign
Step 1: General settings
In this first step you will need to configure the general aspects of the campaign, which are as follows:
- Name of the campaign: this name will not be visible to anyone but you. Its function is to be able to organize you internally.
- Email and sender name:The email and name that the recipients of your campaign will see. They are completely customizable.
In some cases, if this is the first time you have entered the sending email, a pop-up may appear informing you that you must verify yourself as the owner of the email provided. Click Send verification email and you will receive an email in that email with two options:
- Click on the link that you will find in the email.
- Enter the code you received in the email inside the pop-up.
- Subject of the email and preheader that will be seen by the recipients or subscribers of your campaign. The preheader is a short text that will be seen below the subject in the email inbox.
Here's an example of what an issue and a preheader looks like:
- Configure the links in your campaign and whether or not you want to track clicks on links within the email.
You can customize the links of your campaign with your own domain or subdomain (so that the Acumbamail one does not appear). To do this, you will first have to configure it. In the example above, we've set all links in the campaign to start with www.newsletter.acumbamail.com.
- Customize Google Analytics: You can integrate your email marketing campaigns with Google Analytics to track visits to your website from a mailing campaign. You can customize the default UTM values that follow the links coming from your email campaign.
UTM values allow you to locate where visits to your website are coming from. In Acumbamail campaigns you can configure two parameters:
- utm_campaign: this reflects the campaign of origin of the visit. We, for example, will put: "webinar2021".
- utm_source: this reflects the source of origin of the visit. We, for example, put "email".
If we then wanted to analyze the visits in Google Analytics, we would see "email" in the list of Source /medium of Google Analytics:
And down here is where we would see the UTM of campaigns:
Step 2: Subscribers
You can send campaign to a single subscriber list or multiple lists.
You can also send to a specific segment (subgroup) within a list. You can select a segment from the list created previously or on the fly.
Step 3: Templates
- Select one of the more than 860 default templates,fully customizable and responsive,available to modify from the template editor. You don't need to know about code or design to edit them. In the next section we explain how to modify one.
- Upload your own template in HTML format in the Import Template option. In this case, you have all the steps explained in this article.
To use an Acumbamail template, which you can modify in the next step, you can access it in two ways:
- From My templates you can select a template with which you have already worked previously
- From New templates you can select one of our templates, filtering by category:
Choose the template you like best by hovering over it and clicking Select . Next, a pop-up will be displayed with which you can enter the name you want to give the template (this will only be seen by you, to organize yourself internally) and you will now go to the template editor in step 4.
Step 4: Design
In this step you will be able to edit the visual appearance of campaign and its contents.
The Campaign Editor interface will be displayed, a simple tool to comfortably change texts, images and colors. Here you will find more information on how to handle yourself with ease: email marketing template editor.
When you're done customizing it, click Next .
If you have imported your own HTML
If you imported your own HTML template in the previous step, another editor will appear from which you can view your template and add the mandatory unsubscribe tag so that subscribers can unsubscribe from your list, as well as other tags you've defined earlier.
Keep in mind that this visualization will not be the final one, and that to preview the appearance of your campaign it is better that you do it in the next step,since in the current step the edges of the tables will be shown.
Step 5: Summary
This will be the last step prior to sending your campaign.
In this section you can review all the elements of the campaign and, where appropriate, edit them:
(Remember that you can put personalized tags on your subject and email, we explain how here)
- URL customization of links. If you have modified advanced options in step 1 how do you want the links in your campaign to be displayed:
- Tracking URL: if you have activated a control of the clicks that are made within your email or not:
- Url of your campaign: The public link that you can use if you want to share your campaign, for example, in Social Media. Also, if you double-click the minimized view of the campaign, you'll be able to preview it:
Test your template on all browsers and devices
This option lets you see what your template will look like in the different browsers, devices, and mail clients where your subscribers can open it.
This way, you can make sure that it looks correct in all of them. Here you can find more information about this tool.
Automatic forwarding to un open, more active hourly shipping and quality of campaign
Also in this step you have three tools that will help you get better results available for PRO and Enterprise plans:
- Forward campaign to non-openers automatically,after X days and with a different subject: activate it before sending the campaign. Forwarding will appear as a new campaign with the original campaign name plus "_no open".
- Send each subscriber at their most active time:by means of an algorithm, we know at what time of day each recipient usually open your shipments (based on previous behavior with other campaigns).
- Check the quality of the campaign:This tool analyzes a series of parameters (DKIM/SPFconfiguration, analysis with SpamAssassin, analysis of whether there are broken links or not and analysis of prohibited words that can activate anti-spam filters) that can have an impact on the deliverability of the shipment. Once completed, you will be able to see a score out of 10 and make the appropriate changes before carrying out the shipment.
Send the campaign
Once you've made sure everything is correct, you have three shipping options.
Submit a test
Clicking on this option will display a form with a field in which to enter one or more email addresses (separated by commas) and send the campaign. It's a good way to make sure everything is working properly. You can submit as many tests as you want.
Schedule a shipment
You will be able to schedule a shipment for a certain date and time. Please note that the default schedule is based on Madrid (Spain) time (UTC +1). If you want to change the time zone, you can do so from My Preferences Account.
Once scheduled, the Schedule Send button will change status to Scheduled and your campaign will be sent at the time you selected.
You can edit the schedule whenever you want (before the submission has been made).
If you would like to make changes to an already scheduled campaign, simply click Deprogram and then Cancel Send so that the campaign goes to editing state, you can make your changes and schedule it again without problem.
By clicking on Send campaign Now you can start sending the campaign instantly. When you click, a pop-up will jump to confirm the action and, if you accept, the campaign will start sending at that very moment.
ATTENTION: This step is irreversible and you can only cancel or cancel the shipment once it starts to be sent if you contact our support team as quickly as possible. Even if you delete the campaign, it will continue to be sent.
Check out reports
Once the shipment begins to be sent, you will be able to consult the reports of the campaign in real time. To learn more about how to query and interpret them, read this article.
Why should you include an unsubscribe link in your campaign
To send mailing campaigns with Acumbamail, you must include a link that allows your subscribers to unsubscribe from your list quickly and easily.
Although at first it may seem counterproductive to make it easier for your hard-to-get subscribers to unsubscribe, the truth is that there are various reasons that will benefit the results of your campaigns by doing so.
Transparency and good relationship with users
One of the first benefits of including a link that facilitates the user unsubscribe process is to offer a transparent relationship with users. If someone stops being interested in your communications, and encounters a complex or tricky process to stop receiving them, the only thing you will do is generate frustration and offer a very poor image for your brand.
Avoid being marked as spam
If you complicate the unsubscribe process, the user will probably look for the shortest route and mark you as spam. If this happens relatively frequently, your reputation as a sender will be seriously damaged and your campaigns will have a good chance of ending up in the spam folder, ruining the effort and investment you are dedicating to them.
Optimize your resources
Another aspect to take into account is: why do you want to keep sending emails to someone who is not interested? It is not very likely that you will make him change his mind, and the insistence will generate more rejection than intention of interaction with your campaigns (let's not say that he decides to buy or hire any of your services).
When unsubscribing, your campaigns will not be sent to that user, and you can dedicate your resources to those subscribers who are interested in your shipments.
Obey the law
As if these reasons were not enough, the unsubscribe link helps you to scrupulously comply with the legislation in force. Specifically, the LSSI (Law of services of the information society and electronic commerce) which states that the provider must offer the recipient the possibility of opposing the processing of their data for promotional purposes, both at the time of data collection as in each of the commercial communications that I address.
The Law also obliges service providers to enable simple and free procedures so that recipients can revoke the consent they have given, as well as to provide information accessible by telematic means on said procedures.
You must also take into account the requirements imposed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union, as well as other regulations in force in other countries.
How Acumbamail manages unsubscriptions
If you use our platform to send your mailing campaigns, you won't have to worry about anything. Simply, it includes the unsubscribe link by using its corresponding TAG, and our system will manage it automatically, marking the user as unsubscribe and avoiding that any campaign is sent to him. In case you decide to register again in your lists, your status will be active again automatically.