Create campaign regular
Creating campaign email marketing process to send your newsletter with Acumbamail is very simple. In this article you will find detailed all the steps necessary to create a new campaign, select subscribers, choose and edit a template, and submit it.
In this article:
Create a new campaign
In the Campaigns section within Newsletters, click the New campaign button.
Click on New Campaign and select Newsletter.
Steps for creating a campaign
Step 1: General settings
In this first step you'll need to set up the general aspects of the campaign, which are the following:
- Name of the campaign: This name will not be visible to anyone but you. Its function is to be able to organize you internally.
- Email and sender's name: The email and name that the recipients of your campaign will see. They are completely customizable.
In some cases, if it is the first time you have entered the sender's email, a pop-up may appear informing you that you must verify yourself as the owner of the email provided. Click Send verification email and you will receive an email in that email with two options:
- Click on the link that you will find in the email.
- Enter the code you received in the email in the pop-up.
- Asunto del email y precabecerathat your campaign recipients or subscribers will see. The preheader is a short text that you will see below the subject in the email inbox.
Here's an example of what an issue and a preheader looks like:
- configure the Links in your campaign and whether or not you want to track the clicks on the links within the email.
You can customize the links of your campaign with your own domain or subdomain (so that Acumbamail does not appear). To do this, you will first have to configure. In the example above, we have configured all links in the campaign to start with www.newsletter.acumbamail.com.
- Customize Google Analytics: Can integrate your email marketing campaigns with Google Analytics to track visits to your website from a mailing campaign. You can customize thevalues TGIFdefault links that follow links from your email campaign.
The values TGIF They allow you to locate where the visits to your website come from. In Acumbamail campaigns you can configure two parameters:
- utm_campaign: this reflects the campaign of origin of the visit. We, for example, will put: "webinar2021".
- utm_source: this reflects the source of origin of the visit. We, for example, put "email".
If we then wanted to analyze the visits in Google Analytics, we would see "email" in the list of Source /medium of Google Analytics:
And down here is where we would see the UTM of campaigns:
Step 2: Subscribers
You can send a campaign to a single subscriber list or multiple lists.
Also, you can send to a segment (subgroup) concrete within a list. You can select a list segment pre-created or on the fly.
Step 3: Templates
- Select one of the more than 860 default templates, fully customizable and responsive, available to modify from the Email template editor. You don't need to know code or design to edit them. In the next section we explain how to modify one.
- Move up you own templatein HTML format in the Import template option. In this case, you have all the steps explained in this article.
To use an Acumbamail template, which you can modify in the next step, you can access it in two ways:
- From My templates you can select a template with which you have previously worked
- From New templates you can select one of our templates, filtering by category:
Choose the template you like best by hovering over it and clicking Select. Next, a pop-up will be displayed with which you can enter the name you want to give the template (this will only be seen by you, to organize yourself internally) and you will now go to the template editor from step 4.
Step 4: Design
In this step you will be able to edit the visual appearance of campaign and its contents.
The Campaign Editor interface will be displayed, a simple tool to comfortably change texts, images and colors. Here you will find more information on how to handle yourself with ease: email marketing template editor.
When you're done customizing it, click Next.
If you have imported your own HTML
If you imported your own HTML template in the previous step, another editor will appear from which you can view your template and add the mandatory discharge tag so that subscribers can unsubscribe from your list, as well as other labels that you have previously defined.
Keep in mind that this visualization will not be the final one, and that to preview the appearance of your campaign it is better that you do it in the next step, since the current step will show the borders of the tables.
Step 5: Summary
This will be the last step prior to sending your campaign.
In this section you can review all the elements of the campaign and, where appropriate, edit them:
(Remember that you can put personalized labels in your subject and email, we will explain how here)
- Link URL customization. If you have modified in advanced options of step 1 how you want Your campaign links are displayed:
- Tracking URL: if you have activated a control of the clicks that are made within your email or not:
- Url of your campaign: The public link that you can use if you want to share your campaign, for example, in Social Media. Also, if you double-click the minimized view of the campaign, you'll be able to preview it:
Test your template on all browsers and devices
This option lets you see what your template will look like in the different browsers, devices, and mail clients where your subscribers can open it.
This way, you can make sure that it looks correct in all of them. Here you can find more information about this tool.
Automatic forwarding to un open, more active hourly shipping and quality of campaign
Also in this step you have three tools that will help you get better results available for Pro and Enterprise plans:
- Forward campaign to non-openers automatically, after X days and with a different subject: activate it before sending the campaign. The forwarding will appear as a new campaign with the name of the original campaign plus "_no open".
- Send to each subscriber at their busiest time: By means of an algorithm, we know at what time of day each recipient usually opens your shipments (based on previous behavior with other campaigns).
- Check the quality of the campaign: This tool analyzes a series of parameters (configuration of DKIM/SPF, analysis with SpamAssassin, analysis of whether or not there are broken links and analysis of prohibited words that can activate antispam filters) that may have an impact on the deliverability of the shipment. Once finished, you will be able to see a score out of 10 and make the appropriate changes before carrying out the shipment.
Send the campaign
Once you've made sure everything is correct, you have three shipping options.
Submit a test
Clicking on this option will display a form with a field in which to enter one or more email addresses (separated by commas) and send the campaign. It's a good way to make sure everything is working properly. You can submit as many proofs as you want.
schedule a shipment
You can schedule a shipment for a specific date and time. Keep in mind that the default schedule is based on Madrid time (Spain) (UTC +1). If you want to change the time zone, you can do it from My account Preferences.
Once scheduled, the Schedule Send button will change status to Scheduled and your campaign will be sent at the time you selected.
You can edit the schedule whenever you want (before the submission has been made).
If you would like to make changes to an already scheduled campaign, just click on Deschedule and then Cancel Send so that the campaign goes to edit status, you can make your changes and schedule it again without problem.
By clicking on Send campaign Now you can start sending the campaign instantly. When you click, a pop-up will appear to confirm the action and, if you accept, the campaign will begin to be sent at that moment.
ATTENTION: this step is irreversible And you can only cancel or cancel the shipment once it starts sending if you contact our support team as quickly as possible. Even if you delete the sent campaign, it will continue to be sent.
Check out reports
Once the shipment starts to be sent, you can consult the campaign reports in real time. To learn more about how to consult and interpret them, read this article.
Why should you include an unsubscribe link in your campaign
To send mailing campaigns with Acumbamail, you must include a link that allows your subscribers to unsubscribe from your list quickly and easily.
Although at first it may seem counterproductive to make it easier for your hard-to-get subscribers to unsubscribe, the truth is that there are various reasons that will benefit the results of your campaigns by doing so.
Transparency and good relationship with users
One of the first benefits of including a link that facilitates the user unsubscribe process is to offer a transparent relationship with users. If someone stops being interested in your communications, and encounters a complex or tricky process to stop receiving them, the only thing you will do is generate frustration and offer a very poor image for your brand.
Avoid being marked as spam
If you complicate the unsubscribe process, the user will probably look for the shortest route and mark you as spam. If this happens relatively frequently, your reputation as a sender will be seriously damaged and your campaigns will have a good chance of ending up in the spam folder, ruining the effort and investment you are dedicating to them.
Optimize your resources
Another aspect to take into account is: why do you want to keep sending emails to someone who is not interested? It is not very likely that you will make him change his mind, and the insistence will generate more rejection than intention of interaction with your campaigns (let's not say that he decides to buy or hire any of your services).
When unsubscribing, your campaigns will not be sent to that user, and you can dedicate your resources to those subscribers who are interested in your shipments.
Obey the law
As if these reasons were not enough, the unsubscribe link helps you to scrupulously comply with the legislation in force. Specifically, the LSSI (Law on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce) which indicates that the provider must offer the recipient the possibility of opposing the processing of their data for promotional purposes, both at the time of data collection and in each of the commercial communications that it directs.
The Law also obliges service providers to enable simple and free procedures so that recipients can revoke the consent they have given, as well as to provide accessible information electronically on said procedures.
You must also take into account the requirements imposed by the General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD) of the European Union, as well as other regulations in force in other countries.
How Acumbamail manages unsubscriptions
If you use our platform to send your mailing campaigns, you won't have to worry about anything. Simply include the unsubscribe link by using its corresponding TAG, and our system will manage it automatically, marking the user as low and preventing any campaign from being sent. In case you decide to register again in your lists, your status will be automatically active again.